| Hypertext Information Systems and Web Sites
Writing and Design (Hard Copy)
Editing (Hard Copy)
- Presented guidelines for revising design and writing of Kodak Digital
Camera manuals, coached lead writer on following these guidelines
in creating new manuals, 1998-1999.
- Presented guidelines, and gave detailed coaching advice to new
writers at Pioneer, in Japan, Fall, 1998.
- Presented hands-on workshop on Portfolio Preparations for 25 participants, Kachina
Chapter, Society for Technical Communication, Albuquerque, NM. Fall, 1996.
- Provided ongoing coaching for team of 26 writers and editors in writing procedures,
reference manuals, and tutorials for computer-aided design of chips, Cadence Design, San
Jose, CA, San Diego, CA, and Lowell, MA (1988-1994).
- Coached team of 20 writers in developing a styleguide for their department at Relational
- Coached 12 writers in writing clear procedures for a manufacturing system being
developed by IBM at Qronos Systems, Santa Clara, CA (1988).
- Presented workshops to and coached more than 220 writers and engineers focusing on how
to write manuals for the American market: Sony, Canon, Casio, Mitsubishi, and Nikon in
Tokyo, Cadence, Epson, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard and Qronos in U.S. (1987-1990).
- Trained more than 775 college-age youths in techniques of job search for Comprehensive
Employment Training Act, under contract with Urban Management Consultants, San Francisco